Daria Kuznetsova and Romain Lebois : back at the top of the Freestyle Slalom World Ranking
The last month brought a lot of changes to the WSSA World Ranking. The main news was the come back of Daria Kuznetsova (Rus) and Romain Lebois (Fra) at the top of the World Ranking. Here is a small interview with the two new world leaders.
- How does it feel to come back to the top of the World Ranking?
- Do you think it will be hard to keep the lead for a while and for how long do you think that you will keep the first place?
- After the summer Asian competitions, who do you think will be your next main opponent for the leading the World Ranking?
- What is your forecast for the Europe and the World Championships for you and for the podiums?
Lebois Romain (FRA)
Freestyle Men's World #1
Nb of Comps in 2014: 29
Total score: 5907
- Of course i'm very happy about it! It's very hard to keep the lead and i guess that i'm still on the top thanks to my sponsor Seba and to the French Team, who are pushing me and who support me a lot.
- I didn't expect at all to become the world number one again! I had the same feeling when i won the speed slalom in Moscow. I don't know if i will be able to keep the lead this year... Let's say, next year will be better than this one for sure.
- I have no doubts that this year the lead will go to the young Russian Timchencko Sergey with his awesome combos !
- I really can't say anything about my future results, i just focus on doing my best in each discipline, especially in the battle !
Kuznetsova Daria (RUS)
Freestyle Women's World #1
Nb of Comps in 2014: 20
Total score: 5076
- Of course i am very happy to come back at the top of the World Ranking. I got many points thanks to the victory in the main Asian event (Shanghai). I was training hard to win there.
- It's hard to take the lead but it's even much harder to keep it. I still have to train a lot this season, i will have to improve even more to stay at the top of the World Ranking. For this i need to make a good performance at the European Championships and at the World Championships. I will do my best for this.
- Klaudia Hartmanis is not so far away from me. Perhaps, she will be my main opponent. She is a strong rider and her skating level is very high.
- The Europe and the World Championships are the most important events of the year so all skaters will show their best. It's hard to predict the results. As for any sport you can only guess, but you are never sure how the competitors will perform and which decision the judges will make. I will try to do my best for each discipline and i hope i will be on the podium. Anyway we will know the names of the winners of those two events very soon!
Polina Semenova for WorldSlalomSeries.com
Photo by Tutti Photography & Irina Bondareva