WSSA Freestyle Slalom Coaching Program
Four new WSSA Freestyle Slalom Coaches have been certified!
Congratulations to Michal Sulinowski (POL), Klaudia Hartmanis (POL), Kieran Kintrea (GBR) and Maxime Villa (FRA) who successfully passed the course in London on June 8,9&11 2017.
In order to pass the 2.5 day course, the new coaches needed to pass a skills test, a teaching test, and a written test which tested their knowledge and understanding of the theory covered.
The WSSA certification course covers :
- professionalism (credibility, responsibility, safety, being trustworthy and fair etc);
- the teaching model;
- how people learn;
- safe class management;
- relationships with students to aid learning;
- managing physical and psychological comfort level of students;
- class structure;
- lesson plans;
- how to break down tricks into easily learnable steps and exercises;
- how to analyse movement to find improvements to make, including of their own skating!
The next WSSA Freestyle Slalom Coaching Program will be held in Los Angeles, USA on August 15/16/17 2017 and is perfect for those that have been teaching independently for years, as well as those that have not yet taught before.
If you want to become WSSA certified coach, for more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Naomi Grigg for WorldSlalomSeries.com